Monday, April 23, 2007

Socks done

I finished Cindy's socks late last week and will be going downtown to the office tomorrow to give them to her. In the meantime, here's a pic of the socks. These were my first toe-up socks using Wendy's generic toe up pattern.


I liked knitting these, but I think I'm a top down sock girl. I just like the look of the gussets on the socks. I'll probably make some toe up socks for E, since they knit up so quickly I'll be able to finish them before she outgrows them!

Project Specs:
Pattern: Wendy's toe up sock pattern. Used 56 st around.
Yarn: Socks that Rock medium - in the navy
Needles: 2.5 mm
Gauge: 32 st to 10 cm
Size: Sized to fit Cindy's feet
Cast on to Bind off: January 2007 to April 2007 (mainly done in the commuter train)
Would I make this again: Yes - but would go top-down instead of toe-up. I have three more skeins of STR but in lightweight. This is heavenly yarn to knit with and I will surely get making more socks with this. I just wound up my "Jasper" yarn which is deep purples with some lighter pinky bits.

Voss update - the first sleeve is done, second sleeve is started (ribbing done)
Shoulder wrap update - it's started and amazingly gorgeous to knit. I [heart] Handmaiden.

0 Comments: