Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Shoulder Wrap done!



Wow - I amazed myself by finishing this so quickly. Must have been a mix between procrastinating the second Voss sleeve and the lovely feel/drape of this yarn, not to mention that it is all garter stitch and was nice mindless knitting.

I finished with just this amount of yarn left. The little scraps below include the bits I cut off after sewing in the ends and the 25cm of leftover yarn.


Here is the shawl being blocked in Erika's playroom. Those puzzle floor tiles are great for sticking the pins into.



Project Specs:
Pattern: Handmaiden Shoulder Wrap
Yarn: Handmaiden Silk Spun in dragonfly
Needles: 7.0 mm Addi Turbos
Gauge: never even checked
Size: Finished measurements (after blocking) 16" high X 56" wide
Cast on to Bind off: April 20 - April 31
Would I make this again: Probably not. I will make other shoulder wraps, but not in this color or yarn. I would use this yarn again, it's so lovely to knit with - maybe a mini-clapotis scarf one day...

Here are some 'artistic' shots of the wrap.




1 Comment:

Jennifer Lori said...

Holy cow that was fast! It came out great too!