Monday, February 18, 2008

I was told...

So, I was talking to Jenn today, who (as usual) was bugging me to post to the blog. But, it takes away from my knitting time, says I.

I was told
-- "Well, you can just post pictures and not put any text."


After an absence of (just under) a month, I figure that I owe you more than just pictures.

Here's a cute story overheard at my 4 (and a half) year old's daycare.


E. (mine) - walks in with a new Montreal Canadiens pink sweatshirt and proudly shows it to her best friend K.


K. - the Habs won last night, they beat the Panthers

E. - yes, we put 2 goals in their net, and they put 1 goal in our net
K. - and Carey Price was our goaltender, he's my favorite
E. - me too.

4 and a half year old girls!!! Go Habs Go! - we're now tied for first in our division.

On another note, I finished my striped Noro scarf that I was doing a KAL with Jenn. We finished on the same day - how cool is that! Now, to cast on for my next project, the Fiona Ellis scarf from her newest book. More on that in my next post, which will hopefully not be in a month.

And now for what you're all really here for - pictures of knitting.

I finally finished the Voss sweater for my nephew and gave it to him about two weeks ago. Hopefully I'll have photos of him in the sweater soon. It's made for a 4 year old size and he just turned 2, so he'll have plenty of years to wear it.

This was my first time steeking, and (blogless) Norma showed me through all of the steps. She even came over to my place to help me do some of the sewing and make sure that I wasn't messing up too much. Well, it worked!


Here's the back of the sweater that shows the detail on at the top.


One of the things that I'm so proud of is the inside of the sweater and the nice finishing details that are build into the pattern. I didn't go so bold as the Harlot did and put in some funky color for the facings. I was too scared to go too much out of the box for my first steeking project. What if I put a funky orange or green somewhere and it ended up showing!!!


And now for some more artsy-fartsy shots using the macro lens. Here's the insides. Look at how even the floats are. I'm so proud.



The neckline detail where you can also see the snowflake up close.



I found the P.E.R.F.E.C.T buttons for this sweater at my LYS. Of course, I found only 5 of them, and had already knit the buttonhole band with 7 holes, so had to rip that out and re-knit it. But, these buttons were the ones that needed to be on this sweater, and I really had no choice. Now, when I look at it, I couldn't see it with 7 buttons anyways, and am glad I made this choice.



And here's my little E. modeling the sweater for me. It fits her just perfectly, so I'm really hoping that my nephew gets two, maybe three seasons out of this sweater.



Now, back to my knitting. I'll try to post once a week, but don't hold me to that (Jenn). Maybe you'll get just photos, no text. I should take a picture of my latest FO, the Noro scarf, but that will have to wait for a few days until I get a chance to block it.


3 Comments:

Caroline said...

That's a beautiful sweater! You deserve to be proud!

Jennifer Lori said...

1. Yay- a post!
2. I love that conversation with E & K
3. LOVE the sweater
4. I think E needs one now..... I can make one for Jakob, you make one for E...we could do a knitalong! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this sweater so much, and yours is a lovely version. The ones I made were the smallest size, and that leaves out that very pretty zigzag along the shoulder. I love how it looks on yours. I may need a re-knit!