Friday, May 4, 2007

Look what I made last night

So, I got a copy of this book by Alison Hansel last week and have been wanting to make something - anything - from it. As I was looking through my stash, I noticed that I happened to have some maroon and gold "Smart" so I cast on for a bookmark after work.


This book is great! Lots of great patterns from the Harry Potter movies. Some that I'd make, and some well...not sure I'd want to make "Molly's Technicolor housecoat". Take a look at the book to see what I mean.

I like how it's been divided into "first year", O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. levels for the degrees of difficulty.


I made it to the first set of yellow stripes before I went to pick up Erika, made dinner and went to play tennis. When I got home, I finished the knitting of the bookmark while watching Survivor (from the PVR) and put the fringes in while watching the news.

Voila! Le Gryffindor bookmark. It is a bit chunky so not sure if I'd use it for paperbacks, but it's kinda cool.


Project Specs:
Pattern: House bookmark from Charmed Knits
Yarn: Smart from the stash
Needles: 4.5 mm dpns
Gauge: never even checked
Size: 3.5 cm X 20 cm
Cast on to Bind off: May 3 - 3:45pm to 10pm with a break for dinner and tennis.
Would I make this again: Yes, but with much thinner yarn so that it's not so bulky in a book.

3 Comments:

Jennifer Lori said...

Very cute! You should leave some around for the house elves!

Laura said...

You made my pattern! It is a bit more fun than functional in the thicker yarns, but Alison asked me to give people the option of using their leftovers from other projects.

Anonymous said...

Good words.