Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Another sock done

I finished what I'm calling my Harlot socks. These are the socks that I cast on a few days before Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the Yarn Harlot) came to Montreal for her hilarious speech about knitting and a book signing. She signed all three of my books. I was star-struck. She held my sock with her sock. There was much rejoicing and much knitting.


I saw the following project description chart on Jennifer's blog, as well as a couple of other peoples, so I will be blatantly stealing it and using it for my FOs from now on.

Project Specs:
Pattern: Generic top down sock pattern. Used 60 st around.
Yarn: On Line - winter
Needles: 3.0 mm
Gauge: 28 st to 10 cm
Size: Too small. I wanted to make them for myself, but made the foot too short by about an inch. I could have gone back to knit more, but I'd already cut the yarn and would have to sew in a lot of ends, not to mention that I'd have to find the right place in the pattern to start the yarn.
Cast on to Bind off: November 2006 to April 2007 (with a big break in between)
Would I make this again: Yes - silly question. I have the same yarn in pinks, which I will make for me. Since these were held by the Harlot, I'm not going to give them away outside of this household, so Dave gets them. His feet are just a smidge smaller than mine so they should fit him. He did mention a few times that he liked the color of these socks as I was making them. They do fit my feet when I put them on, but I can see the stitches all stretched out, so I'm sure they would wear much more quickly.