Friday, June 15, 2007

Garden pictures

Knitting is my first passion. I love what can be created with just some gorgeous yarn and some needles. Each stitch is meticulously created and thought out and crafted with care. When you're done knitting something, there is a great sense of accomplishment.

I have the same feeling with gardening, but in a whole different way. With gardening, you are creating the environment for the plants to thrive, and they do the rest.

Look at these daisies !



A bee came in for some food on my Lupin.


And then a couple of days later, some aphids had a feast on the Lupin. I had to spritz it with some spray to get rid of the Aphids, but the Lupin is still standing.



Here is my garden from about a week ago. It looks much more full now.


And then the crowning glory - my "Rock Star" iris. This is tempting me to start dye-ing wool. Some of the colors are just so striking that I want to dye some yarn to match.




As I was taking pictures of these dainty little pink flowers (hmm forgot the name), an ant came by for a visit. Of all of the pictures I took, this was the most interesting. Wildlife in action!

1 Comment:

Jennifer Lori said...

The photos are beautiful! I SO don't have the patience to garden, plus I'm too scared of spiders. Someone should have told me that this city is spider central!