Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dad's socks finished!

Wow, making socks for a man with 11 inch feet, is well, somewhat long. They didn't take as long as I thought they would, since the yarn was so nice and soft and smooth to knit with, and I purposely made them a smidge looser than I normally do so they would be nice and lose on my father's feet. Even though they are 10 inches around, I only used 80 stitches for the sock. If I were to use this yarn again, I'd use 2.25mm needles, but think that this gauge is perfect for my father's socks.

I'll post a picture of them on his feet when I give them to him at the end of the month. Here they are resting on my newly transplanted blue spruce.




Project Specs:
Pattern: Generic top-down sock
Yarn: Austerman Step
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Gauge: 30 sts to 10cm
Size: 11 inches long
Cast on to Bind off: May 26 to June 3, 2997
Would I make this again: More socks - of course!

1 Comment:

Jennifer Lori said...

I love the yarn that you used! It looks so soft and comfy, like a favorite faded pair of jeans!