Friday, May 18, 2007

It's a small world

So here I am, dropping off my Mom at the airport for a trip to Istanbul and Greece (lucky her!) and someone shouts out "Maaike!" in the middle of the departure area. I turned around, and it was none other than Kate Gilbert with her cutie little tadpole and Frog. (!!) Knitters are everywhere!

I introduce her to my mother and say that this was the lady who designed the Clapotis scarf that I made and love so much -- and she says to Kate "Oh, you're the one that my daughter talks about all the time" [aside, I think she was thinking about the Harlot]

Erika and tadpole had a couple of really cute kid moments waving at each other. When we left, Erika says to me - "Mommy, can we go to their house to play one day?". How cute is that?

Kate - if you're reading this - I might have to take you up on your offer to go stash shopping while our girls play. I'm really not a crazy knitwear designer stalker.

1 Comment:

Kate said...

come on over!