Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kindle

I was going call this post I heart Alpaca, but changed it after writing the rest of the post. I do love Alpaca - sooooo soft, soooo luxurious

I cast on for Kindle - from the
Fiona Ellis book Inspired Fair Isle Knits two nights ago. No pictures yet because I've only done a little bit, and it doesn't look like anything interesting yet. So far so good though, I'm about 1/2 way up the first pattern section. I am making mine in Blues and Cream. I know that Fiona says that this is a fire scarf, but I felt that the little fires could also be little snowflakes in mine. Also, I look better in blue, and it goes with more of my things.

In the mean time, until I have something picture-worthy of my own scarf, below is me, modeling the original scarf during a workshop I took with Fiona last year. This picture was actually taken on my camera by Fiona herself, with the book in the background. That table was actually filled with her cool (and BIG) swatches but they aren't too visible in this picture. I'll try to post about that workshop soon.


I couldn't take off the scarf, and tried to walk out with it "by mistake" quite a few times.

I had ordered the yarn that was called for in the book as a birthday present just before Christmas, and have been petting/fondling/loving the Alpaca ever since I got it. It was screaming at me to get this project started.

_______________________________

Wow - two posts in less than a week... I guess the fact that the Harlot left a comment on my last post spurred me on a little. I was also honored that Caroline from Destroy My Sweater left me a comment too - I've been reading your blog for a while now, but didn't know that you read mine (go habs!).

All you other lurkers out there, please do post a comment. It makes me happy to know that there are people reading this stuff, and might actually inspire me to post more often.

3 Comments:

Caroline said...

I'm honored that you feel honored! :P I actually subscribe to your blog. Your scarf is gorgeous!

Montreal Mama said...

I guess I've been lurking for a while now. Well, just behind on my blog reading. LOL... Finally catching up. I read your blog! POST MORE!

Montreal Mama said...

According to Bloglines.com you have 8 subscribers - so there are people lurking :)